Congrats to Rupa Palasmudram and Vickie Sanders for their winning soup entries at our Winter Social soup cook off competition!
Dreaming of a warm, colorful soup to warm up during our gray winter? Look no further and start with Rupa's Butternut Squash and Sundried tomato soup.
Butternut Squash and Sundried Tomato Soup
1 Large Butternut Squash
½ Cup of Sundried Tomatoes
1 Large Chopped Onion
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
½ Cup of Heavy Cream
½ tsp Ginger Root Powder
1 tsp Curry Powder
¾ tsp Cumin Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric
2 Tbsp Butter/Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Parsley to Garnish
1. Cut the butternut squash into large chunks and remove the seeds. Place cut-side
down in the baking tray and pour enough water to fill ¼ inch of the tray. Bake in a
preheated oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until soft.
2. In a large pan, add butter/oil and chopped garlic. Heat on low until the garlic
releases its aroma.
3. Add chopped onions and sauté until tender.
4. Add sundried tomatoes and the spices, and cook on low heat, stirring frequently
for one minute.
5. Scoop the soft flesh of the squash and add to the pan. Add water and bring to a
6. Remove from heat and blend until smooth, using an immersion blender. Adjust
water until you reach the desired consistency.
7. Place the pot back on the heat and bring to a simmer. Add salt and pepper to
8. Add cream, garnish with parsley, and serve hot.