The Washington Clay Arts Association is partnering with the Good Earth Pottery gallery in Bellingham for a Teapot Show, which Simon Levin has graciously agreed to jury! The show will occur in February 2018, with an opening reception on Saturday, February 3rd.
Here’s the nitty-gritty:
- Entry Deadline: 11:59pm on December 15th, 2017
- Open to WCA members (Not a member? Need to renew? Click here.)
- $15 fee for two entries
- Digital images should be labeled with the artist’s last name, underscore, first letter of first name and the entry number. (Example: Harry Potter would be potter_h1, potter_h2)
- Please submit one image per entry
- Image(s) should be sized 1000 pixels on the longest side, minimum 180 dpi.
- Teapot may be functional or sculptural
- Teapot accepted into the show must be the teapot that arrives at the gallery, or will not be included in the show.
- Artist is responsible for cost of shipping to/from gallery.
- All teapots must be for sale. Gallery collects a 45% commission on sales.
- All work should be of the highest quality with no cracks, no glaze defects, no sharp burrs, and of course, food-safe glaze on functional pots.
Once you’ve paid your $15 entry fee, please email your photo submission(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Teapot Show" in the subject line.
Please include this information in your email:
Description of each image including type of clay, cone, kiln atmosphere, dimensions, and price. Example: Entry #1-Stoneware, Cone 6, Oxidation, 6"h x 8"w x 6"d, $95.
Juror’s decisions will be emailed out no later than January 5th, 2018.